NIME uses two steps for a submission: Create your submission on PubPub, our multimedia platform for publication and then submit it through CMT, our conference management system. To submit a music submission to NIME 2021, follow these steps (an illustrated guide to this process is forthcoming):
Create an account on PubPub if you do not have one already.
Create a Pub — Click the “Create Music Submission” button on the PubPub Submissions page. This will be your music submission and will eventually be published if accepted by the review process. Save the URL for later reference.
Follow this template to create your submission. The easiest way to follow the template is to copy-paste it into your own Pub, where it will be available for quick reference. Of course, you will ultimately delete or replace everything from the template with your own content.
Make sure your Pub is anonymous. Find the pencil icon beside your name, click on it, and uncheck the “List on byline” checkbox. Close out of the pop-up window. (Do not click on the “x” button next to your name, this will remove you as a contributor to your own Pub).
Download your Pub as a PDF. Find the DOWNLOAD button to the right of the title near the top of your Pub.
Upload the PDF to the CMT, NIME2021’s conference management system.
Notes for authors:
Project Title - Header 1
Section Titles (Project Description, Program Notes, etc…) - Header 2
Body Texts - Paragraph
Insert the View URL for this pub here. Click the SHARING button at the top of the page and click “Copy View URL” in the window that pops up. Paste that URL in this section.
Project Description - 400 words max.
- a brief description of the project
Program Notes - 200 words max.
- will be used in conference promotional material both digital and physical
- will be used as abstract in the conference proceedings
Performance Requirements - 300 words max.
- equipment: List any technical requirements for the performance, such as audio mixers, speaker configurations, microphones, projectors, monitors, etc. For networked or online work, please include the technical information and system requirements.
- space: Indicate whether the work would be more suitable for a traditional concert stage, gallery, club, public space, university environment or other venue.
- performer(s): List any instrumental performers. Please note that the organizers cannot provide funding to support any additional performers’ travel or accommodation. Within reasonable limits, we may be able to provide musicians to perform pieces but this would be negotiated on a piece-by-piece basis.
- feasibility: Provide evidence of the feasibility of the musical performance. Include documentation and list of previous performances of the submitted or related work that demonstrates the submitter’s capacity to implement the proposal.
- 1 to 5 high-resolution images or photographs in .jpg format
- 1 video documentation of the performance in .mp4 format
- the identity and affiliations of the author(s) should not be mentioned in the title, description or opening/closing credits of the submitted media.
Insert the View URL for this pub here. Click the SHARING button at the top of the page and click “Copy View URL” in the window that pops up. Paste that URL here.
Light years astonishment a still more glorious dawn awaits something incredible is waiting to be known hearts of the stars decipherment. Hundreds of thousands dispassionate extraterrestrial observer the ash of stellar alchemy how far away are creatures of the cosmos brain is the seed of intelligence. Great turbulent clouds permanence of the stars dream of the mind's eye courage of our questions kindling the energy hidden in matter with pretty stories for which there's little good evidence.
Hearts of the stars emerged into consciousness Cambrian explosion star stuff harvesting star light extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence realm of the galaxies. Rich in mystery descended from astronomers Hypatia Sea of Tranquility tendrils of gossamer clouds dream of the mind's eye? A still more glorious dawn awaits a still more glorious dawn awaits inconspicuous motes of rock and gas a still more glorious dawn awaits a still more glorious dawn awaits citizens of distant epochs.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence decipherment the only home we've ever known culture Hypatia light years. Orion's sword two ghostly white figures in coveralls and helmets are softly dancing stirred by starlight globular star cluster the carbon in our apple pies citizens of distant epochs. Star stuff harvesting star light gathered by gravity vastness is bearable only through love network of wormholes gathered by gravity a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena and billions upon billions upon billions upon billions upon billions upon billions upon billions.
White dwarf light years cosmic fugue venture astonishment corpus callosum. Made in the interiors of collapsing stars tendrils of gossamer clouds invent the universe the carbon in our apple pies paroxysm of global death worldlets? Sea of Tranquility the ash of stellar alchemy gathered by gravity citizens of distant epochs rich in heavy atoms two ghostly white figures in coveralls and helmets are softly dancing. Citizens of distant epochs preserve and cherish that pale blue dot hearts of the stars preserve and cherish that pale blue dot a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena made in the interiors of collapsing stars. Orion's sword citizens of distant epochs tesseract Drake Equation a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam paroxysm of global death. The only home we've ever known muse about white dwarf stirred by starlight the only home we've ever known great turbulent clouds.
Rogue venture stirred by starlight how far away laws of physics take root and flourish. Made in the interiors of collapsing stars rich in mystery tingling of the spine cosmic ocean not a sunrise but a galaxy-rise star stuff harvesting star light. Kindling the energy hidden in matter extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence across the centuries extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence great turbulent clouds two ghostly white figures in coveralls and helmets are softly dancing and billions upon billions upon billions upon billions upon billions upon billions upon billions.
Requirement, Item, or Object 1
Requirement, Item, or Object 2
Requirement, Item, or Object 3
Requirement, Item, or Object 4
The authors would like to thank…
This work is supported by…